Romantic Palace in Turzno near Toruń with the surrounding Park was built in the second half of the 19th century. The object in the eclectic style was entirely designed by the outstanding Italian architect Henryk Marconi. Since ancient times, it has been inhabited by remarkable Polish families. The palace was the mainstay of patriotism and Polish tradition. Excellent personalities stayed here: Frederic Chopin, Artur Zawisza Czarny, gen. Józef Haller.
Chopin in Turzno
Frederic Chopin visited Turzno twice - in 1825 and in 1827. His stay is honoured by the bust funded by the present owners, officially unveiled on the 200th anniversary of the Composer's birth.
Testament of Artur Zawisza Czarny
An interesting touch in the history of the Palace is also the visit of Artur Zawisza Czarny – the November Insurrection participant and the national activist. Returning from the French emigration, here, on 20th of March 1833, he wrote his will.
Period of the Second World War
During the Second World War, a temporary hospital and a rehabilitation centre for soldiers of Wermacht were arranged in the palace buildings.
After the end of the Second World War, in 1947, the Palace buildings were adapted to a public school, which functioned until 2006.
The latest history of the Palace in Turzno
In 2007, the historic Palace together with the surrounding park was purchased by the current owners who changed its function to the hotel. On 14th of February 2012 – the Valentine's Day – the hotel and conference complex were ceremonially opened under the name Pałac Romantyczny in Turzno.
On 19th of March 2018, the President of the Republic of Poland, Andrzej Duda, was the Guest of Pałac Romantyczny in Turzno. As an honour Guest of the Palace, he made an entry in the Memorial Book.